Science becomes technology when it is applied to the real world. People constantly seek quicker methods of doing things and experimenting with new concepts. Technology is always improving, and it typically works to simplify things for people.
For instance, communication is made simpler and more effective via the internet. Technologies include communication, electricity, energy, manufacturing, medicine, and transportation. A single technological device can be put to many distinct uses.
List of Six categories of technology
Here, one distinct category of technology is illustrated with examples for each.
The term “communication technology” refers to people’s communication technology. Two historical instances of automated transmission are the telegraph and morse code. Here are a few examples of contemporary communication techniques:
- Television: TVs transmit signals we can listen to and use to access audio and video material. Around the world, people use television to display important messages, ads, entertainment, and more. Most TVs receive signals via cable wires or the internet, which tell them what material to show.
- The Internet: According to many, the internet is the most widely used and impactful form of communication. This service allows users to send each other written, audio, and video communications. With the internet, people can share information and converse practically instantly, which is tremendously helpful. This makes it a potent tool for organizations, governments, nonprofits, and individuals, among other things.
- Cell Phones: Due to their greater use, cell phones are preferable to traditional telephones. People can call other phones and communicate with people anywhere in the world using a cell phone. Numerous phones include internet connections that enable multiple forms of communication, including text messaging and video chatting.
- The New York Times
Detail of Best Tech Review & News Sites to increase your knowledge
1. TechCrunch: one of the best tech review sites
An American online newspaper called TechCrunch focuses on high-tech and startup businesses. Michael Arrington and Keith Teare, partners at Archimedes Ventures, created it in June 2005.
AOL bought the business in 2010 for $25 million. Verizon Media owned the website from 2015 until 2021 after Verizon purchased AOL and Yahoo in 2015. In 2021, Verizon sold the private equity company Apollo Global Management its media assets, including AOL, Yahoo, and TechCrunch. Apollo then combined these assets into a new company called Yahoo.
2. Cnet.com: the best tech news sites
The American media outlet CNET, for “Computer Network,” produces news, articles, blogs, podcasts, and videos on consumer electronics and technology worldwide. In addition to its website, CNET originally generated audio and video material for radio and television. CNET leverages new media distribution techniques through its Internet television network, CNET Video, and podcast and blog networks.
Halsey Minor and Shelby Bonnie founded it in 1994. In 2008, CNET Networks was acquired by that division, and it subsequently became a brand of CBS Interactive. Red Ventures has owned it since October 30, 2020.
3. Gizmodo.com: one of the best electronics review sites
Gizmodo is a website that covers design, technology, science, and science fiction. It was first introduced as a Kinja-based application as a part of Nick Denton’s Gawker Media network. Gizmodo also has a science fiction and futuristic-focused subsite, io9. Gizmodo is now part of G/O Media, which private equity company Great Hill Partners owns.
4. 9to5mac.com: the best technology news websites
The websites in the 9to5 family put considerable effort into being a top influencer in the IT world by regularly breaking exclusive news and being the first to report information that interests our readers.
They provide breaking news in an easily readable manner with analysis, wit, and a thorough understanding of the issue.
Our postings aim to be fascinating, amusing, and supported with compelling, high-quality media since simply providing the information is not enough.
5. Engadget.com: the best website for tech news
Peter Rojas, the former Gizmodo technology weblog editor, and co-founder launched Engadget. With over 75 blogs, including Autoblog and Joystiq, which once housed Hackaday, Weblogs, Inc.’s Engadget was the largest. AOL acquired Weblogs Inc. in 2005.
In March 2004, Engadget featured stories on consumer electronics and gadgets several times daily. Additionally, it publishes rumors about the technological world, frequently expresses a viewpoint within its articles, and creates the weekly Engadget Podcast, which analyzes news stories about technology and gadgets during the previous week.
6. Wired.com: the best technology news sources
The American monthly magazine Wired focuses on how new technologies impact culture, the economy, and politics. It is available in print and online. It has been published, is owned by Condé Nast, and has its headquarters in San Francisco, California.
7. TechRadar.com: best website for technology updates
TechRadar is a technology-focused web publication with editorial staff in the US, the UK, Australia, and India. It provides news and product reviews linked to technology. After a major launch ceremony in 2013 at the CES exposition at the Club Tao in the Venetian Hotel, it made its debut in 2010 and debuted in the US market in January 2012. The largest consumer technology, news, and review website in the UK as of 2013 was this one.
8. Axios.com: best information technology news sites
The articles on Axios are usually brief and straightforward; the majority are less than 300 words long and use bullet points to make them easy to peruse. Axios publishes news stories, two daily podcasts, a weekly industry-specific newsletter (Allen’s Axios AM, a replacement for his newsletter Politico Playbook for Politico), and daily and weekly newsletters.
9. The New York Times: top tech news sources
The New York Times, also called NYT informally, is a daily newspaper published in and out of New York City in the United States. Henry Jarvis Raymond and George Jones created it in 1851, and Raymond, Jones & Company was its first publisher. The Times is widely considered a national “sheet of record” and has received 132 Pulitzer Prizes, the most of any newspaper. Its circulation places it third in the United States and 18th worldwide.
10. TheVerge.com: best site for technology news
The Verge is a Vox Media-run American technology news website that posts news, feature articles, how-to manuals, product reviews, consumer electronics headlines, and podcasts.